Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good Riddance, Miss California

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Because of this statement, the Christian community rallied around Miss California. No one noticed that the answer was not well thought out or articulated. It was a "this is how was raised..." answer. No one cares how you were raised. We care if you know how to think and articulate yourself, which you proved that you don't.

Not to mention, she is Miss California. In order to be Miss California, you have to parade your body around as meat and eye candy for men, instead of respecting it and honoring it as God's creation and a gift to your husband.

She claims that she is a Christian and a model. Now, I think Christians can be models, dressed modestly and to show off clothes, not the body that is wearing them. She is not a Christian model. I can say that with confidence. She has been doing provocative modeling for years, and is still not repenting. The Holy Spirit does not allow this. He does force his people to repent, and if you haven't been forced to repentance by the Holy Spirit, you might want to ask yourself if you know him.

Good riddance? But her crown remains. Yes, but hopefully she will shut up about her poorly thought out views.

2 comments:

  1. Judge not lest you be judged.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no Miss California fan. It feels weird to defend her, but, wearing skimpy clothes doesn't make you Christian or non-Christian. I don't think that's fair at all. Her attire or career decisions don't determine her faith. I bet you would agree that Dan isn't any MORE Christian than anyone else because of his studies, or desire to be a minister. ACTS don't make you Christian. If she believes in Christ, she's a Christian.
    So, saying she is NOT a Christian model, to me, is unfair. You don't know her heart. You don't know what her personal relationship with Christ is. That she models skimpy clothes and apparently thinks without forethought and is inarticulate doesn't make her less a Christian.

    ReplyDelete